Friday, May 09, 2008




Wow what a fun few months I have had... First I'm reading, dreaming and gawking over something very cool in Memories magazine when I see an ad for a Artist workshop in of all places Concord NC... a rock throw from my house... I'm so excited I can't get type Donna Downey fast enough. The artist who are attending I have their books, I have
their blogs in my favorites, and they are in all the magazines I read, like Claudine Helmuth, Renee Pearson, Ali Edwards, Heather Bailey (her fabric is beautiful) and Jane Powell my pal from Random Arts in Saluda. My head was spinning, my next thought was how am I going to wait until April 10th... as it turned out the I didn't have to wait very long.. I got a call the next day Bill Downey welcoming me to the event (how sweet)... I thought I need to know these people.. so I volunteered to help kit a class.... what fun. I went to Donna & Bills home, met Sarah and Heather.. aka blog stalkers.. met their lovely children and learned how to use a Zutter Bind It All..

Soon it was time for the big event... of course I got tied up at work :( but I arrived in time for a lovely dinner. The evening classes was with Lance from Rusty Pickle making a photo album with a pop up ball spinning ball.., so cute I cut , painted glued and folded until 11:00pm.


Day 1

First class was with Donna making a Damask album, I loved it, this was when I got to know my new inspired friends... Sarah & Maryann. We hung together the rest of the event, we are even planning a trip to Random Arts in June. I made some of the greatest art... met some great friends...Had a great time.... I'm look forward to next years Inspired Artist Workshop

No comments: